Saturday, March 12, 2016

Clear boostrap modal on hide or close

When I am working with MVC project I had a requirement like to clear all the errors and text entered inside a bootstrap modal. So that when I opened the modal again I could see a plain binding.


  1. $("#myModal").on("hidden.bs.modal"function () {  
  1.         $("#guest_form input[type='text'],input[type='password']").val('');  
  2.         $("#guest_form input[type='text'],input[type='password']").each(function () {  
  3.             $(this).removeClass('form-control input-validation-error');  
  4.             $(this).addClass("form-control");  
  5.         });  
  6.         $(".field-validation-error").text('');  
  7.     });  

Initially my modal looks as follows


On submitting the modal without entering any data here my modal looks as follows















On closing the modal and opening it again I am still seeing the errors on my modal

















What I need is I would like to clear all the validations and the classes which got applied using MVC validations so that it should again show me the original screen as follows


Try the above code and give a try, which will clear all the errors and entered text when you close and open the modal again . If you are facing any issues let me know.

Happy Coding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts